Snipets of Tamale
I was sitting with the Dutch on the padio at Sparkles, a restaurant nortorious for its ex-patriat clientele. Suddenly a Ghanaian nun in blue robes walked by holding a pint of beer and carried another bottle in her hand. Her companion? A white man dressed in typical Ghanaian garb.
- - - - - -
Picking your nose in Tamale is not taboo. Infact, most people seem to do it all the time in the middle of conversations. I've even seen people roll up green goo between their fingers, look at it and flick it away.
- - - - -
The morning after I made spaghetti for my host family, I saw the remainder of it sitting in the dog's bowl.
- - - - -
- - - - - -
Picking your nose in Tamale is not taboo. Infact, most people seem to do it all the time in the middle of conversations. I've even seen people roll up green goo between their fingers, look at it and flick it away.
- - - - -
The morning after I made spaghetti for my host family, I saw the remainder of it sitting in the dog's bowl.
- - - - -


2 Comments:
I think I'd do well in booger land.
HAAAAAA!!
Your food was in the dog bowl? I'm shocked!
Keep up the great work Jane!
Perhaps you will learn how to make some local cuisine and then return and open up your own restaurant. I already have a name Ghanian Smoking Blender
Post a Comment
<< Home